Phone 1300 201 203
(Local call rate from anywhere in Australia)
Parish McCulloch senior lawyers have decades of experience in advising and representing both employers and workers in employment and industrial law matters.
Services to employers
- Employment contracts – advising on and drafting agreements, particularly regarding complex matters involving incentive-based and other specific arrangements; structuring valid sub-contract and other “outsourcing” arrangements;
- Advice and representation in relation to all employment and industrial law disputes, whether before the Fair Work Commission or ordinary courts;
- We can also provide a full range of human relations services via our consultant/associate Gordon Parish.
Services to employees
- Employment contracts – advice and representation about your rights under your employment contract (including aspects related to any applicable award enterprise bargain), including representing you before a court or Fair Work Commission if litigation as needed;
- Redundancy – entitlements and enforcement of your rights;
- Termination of employment – unfair dismissal/unlawful termination;
- Workplace discrimination – advice and representation regarding unfair treatment in the workplace (whether by your employer or by workmates) based on sex; age; disability or impairment; pregnancy; family or carer’s responsibilities; marital status; race; union activity; religion; sexual orientation; political belief or activity; personal association; or because you made a complaint or inquiry about your employment;
- Restraint of trade – advice and representation on your rights and obligations on leaving employment and starting a new job or your own business e.g. employer’s confidential information, poaching of customers etc;
- Sexual harassment – unwelcome sexual advances and conduct; comments about a person’s sex life or physical appearance; offensive text messages or inappropriate use of social media; displaying of sexually offensive material;
- Workplace bullying;
- Disciplinary action – advice and representation regarding complaints or charges before professional industry boards and tribunals;
- Public sector employment – representation in disciplinary and termination cases.